четверг, 9 апреля 2009 г.

The Horrors - Shadazz (Suicide Covers series)

The Horrors - Shadazz (Suicide Covers series)

When I stuck this record on I was expecting some kinda poor-man's-Cramps meets Towers Of London, piss-poor, novelty nonsense by a bunch of wannabes modelling new-urchin-chic. Dunno how I got that opinion. Didn't one of them shag Peaches Geldof or something?

Anyways... this is NOT what I was expecting - it sounds like it could have escaped from Andrew Weatherall's Haunted Dancehall-era arse. Only better.

I've only listened to the 2nd Suicide album a fraction of the times of the classic debut, but this is sounding good. Backed by a live cut of Radiation by the band themselves and an excellent take on Rocket U.S.A. by Nic Void, this is another great release in the series.

Now when's the Julian Cope one coming out...?



The Horrors - Shadazz
Suicide - Radiation
Nic Void - Rocket U.S.A.

Zipped on ZShare

Buy it here

Комментариев нет: